Peak might have already passed for most of the areas through the state, but quite a few colors are still shining through nicely! Check out the most recent reports below with some of our favorite submitted photos:
FALL FOLIAGE SPOTTING UPDATES:
(note: information based on responses from our leaf reporters by 11/4/2016)
- The South Willamette Valley is still showing color in a “just past peak’ phase. Trees lining Eugene and Springfield’s downtown areas are shimmering with leaves dropping quickly but colorfully.
- Now is a great time to explore the Saturday Market before the Holiday Market begins, and to discover South Willamette Valley wines with Pinot Bingo!
- Fall foliage in Baker County is still at peak in many locations but is starting to fade in spots.
- Sounds like the Elkhorn Scenic Byway loop continues to be a winner for Fall colors!
- Bend and Central Oregon are past peak but have some trees and bushes around town hanging on with Fall color – paired with some surprising Fall sunny weather this weekend!
- Today marks Bend’s First Friday Art Walk through downtown and the Old Mill District too. Find more on events like these at Visit Bend’s site.
- With Roseburg peaking last week, and Ashland showing color off nicely in areas like Lithia Park and North Mountain Park!
- Color along the coast is starting to fade but viewing along Hwy 22 is a beautiful drive toward the coast that is showcasing great color right now.
Colombia River Gorge:
- Word last week is that color there but starting to fade near areas of the Gorge with some areas like Multnomah Falls showing yellows and orange