As the cooler weather sets in, many areas are peaking with a few spots now just past peak. Check out the most recent reports below with some of our favorite submitted photos:
FALL FOLIAGE SPOTTING UPDATES:
(note: information based on responses from our leaf reporters by 10/28/2016)
- Bend and Central Oregon are seeing colors past peak currently. Many colors remain in town, including spots like Drake Park near downtown and Smith Rock
- Halloween weekend holds a lot of fun events around the area! Find out more on Visit Bend’s event calendar
- Color are shining yellow and red in a ‘just past peak’ phase in Eugene and Springfield, while Cottage Grove and other surrounding spots of the South Willamette Valley are peaking.
- The Aufderheide Scenic Byway is showing nice color throughout the beautifully remote curves of the route deep within the Willamette National Forest
- Fall foliage in Baker County is still at peak in many locations but is starting to fade in spots.
- Valley floors are popping now with the Elkhorn Scenic Byway loop showing peak color right now.
- Roseburg is peaking right now! Colors are thriving along riverbanks and streams with flashy yellow and gold leaves.
- Big events to check out this weekend are the Spooktacular Horse Show and Harvest Zoobilee at Wildlife Safari! Find more Roseburg events here
Colombia River Gorge:
- Color is staying on the horizon near areas of the Gorge with some areas popping lots of reds, yellows and oranges currently.
- Old Historic Highway 35 is one road trip that comes highly recommended this time of year!