We’re seeing an awful lot of peaking color right now! Color is still early in spots like the Gorge, but areas of central, eastern and southern Oregon are looking lovely.
FALL FOLIAGE SPOTTING UPDATES:
(note: information based on responses from our leaf reporters by 10/14/2016)
- Fall colors are looking marvelous in Bend, though some yo-yo weather patterns are
causing leaves to begin falling this season.
- Despite some rain in the forecast, there’s fresh snow on the mountain peaks and plenty of harvest events going on through the area – plenty of reasons to pay a visit right now!
- Lining Eugene’s streets of Pearl, Willamette and other downtown spots, trees are looking gorgeous.
- Salem has some nice color popping around town as well!
- Cottage Grove’s trees are showing nice yellow hues among the green trees – a great time to visit the Covered Bridges Scenic Bikeway!
- Areas around the McKenzie River are showing beautiful colors right now among the Old Growth in the Willamette National Forest
Colombia River Gorge:
- Reports are that colors are just starting to show along areas of the Gorge.
- Check out key hikes and stops like Multnomah Falls, Angel’s Rest and Triple Falls hike.
- Color in Klamath Falls is starting to show well right now. Reports say red and orange
hues are popping against plenty of green pine trees in the area.
- Hotspots this weekend in the area are Moore Park and Chiloquin, with local pumpkin patches featuring some great produce and decor to pick up!
- Areas like Baker City continue to showcase beautiful colors through the season
- Check out the Elk Horn Scenic Byway for amazing scenes with an array of foliage